Monday, November 15, 2010

The journey.

I am sitting here in the intensive care unit with my son.

I have a love hate relationship with this hospital.

This place has saved my child's life over 100 times.

I adore the staff and the time they have spent helping me keep Z alive.

However, I have been here to many times. This place should not feel like home to me.

I should not know the names of nurses or have them recognize me, Z, or anyone in my family.

I should feel panic when life flight flies over head.

I shouldn't burst into tears when an ambulance drives by.

Z should not be so full of scar tissue that it becomes impossible to get an IV.

Our normal should not be having a giant needle embedded into Z's bone.


This IS my normal.

I don't like it to much.

I am thankful for it though.

The view from our room isn't so bad either.

2 comments:

  1. Love you Jenn.
    Love you Emily.
    Love you Zach.
    Thanks to all three of you for being such wonderful examples to the rest of us. Your endurance in life is such a strong symbol of why we're all here. Putting your life in God's hand's with pure faith.
    Thank you Jenn.
    Thank you Emily.
    Thank you Zach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you all and I'm so sorry you spend so much time there. However I am SO grateful it's so close and has been so beneficial for Z. You are each an inspiration to everyone who meets you.

    ReplyDelete