Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 1



Yeah, it's kind of a scary picture.

You're looking at a miracle! My Zach has defied the odds!!

The surgery went really well. He did amazingly well. The doctors are so surprised how well he did throughout the whole thing!

The surgery lasted 9 hours.

They brought him into the ICU to recover and come out of the sedatives.

At about 5:15pm I was able to see him. He looked so good. Not nearly as bad as I thought he would.

They were trying to keep his blood pressure stable, so they asked us to let him sleep. However, mom needed to know if her little man was still in there somewhere.

He responded to Grandma Miller first. (Like always) Then he tried to open his eyes!! Visitors came (Aunt Aimee, Uncles Scott and Brandon, adopted Aunt Lisa, Daddy and Grandma Kohl and last but not least Daddy's Bishop.) And checked on me. During those visits, miracles happened!

It started with the response to G. Miller and mommy, then he started responding to requests like "lift your arms to the sky" or "kick your feet". He DID IT!! BOTH SIDES!! He was not suppose to be able to move at all!!

Then the good stuff happened! He did THE best shocked and happy face I have EVER seen! They took my breath away.

The best part? When asked what he needed he SPOKE loud and clear and said MOM! Well that was the end of that! Mom was a blubbering mess.
I am amazed at his progress!! He is just doing so well!! He is such a strong fighter!

Our Heavenly Father does answer prayers. Having the Faith to walk into the Dark and scary room is hard, but that faith you have will illuminate even the darkest of rooms! You just have to take that first step!

Word of the day- FAITH and MIRACLE!

3 comments:

  1. We are all witnessing a miracle. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got through reading your blog. I was added to your prayer list by a Facebook friend, and even though I have never met you, as a mother of four, and grandmother of one, my heart goes out to you. We often have to make difficult decisions that others don't agree with or understand. It is not questioning that you need right now, it is support. I want you to know that as a fellow daughter of God, and mother to others of His precious children, I throw my support behind you 110%. You go girl, and stay strong for that sweet child of yours. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete